Each chain undergoes a 7 stage ultrasonic cleaning process before being bathed in a race wax after which it is dusted with NRG low friction powder to reduce drive train friction yet further. The result is ultra-high drive train performance for around 450 miles, after which the chain will need rewaxing to maintain its peak performance.Prices starting from £60.
All chains come with quick link supplied.
NRG Race Chain
- Ensure the cassette, chain rings and jockey wheels, are thoroughly cleaned and free from grease and oil.
- Install NRG chain and run through gears.
- It’s normal to see small flakes of wax deposited on rings and cassette.
- Ride and enjoy a mechanically efficient drive train.
- Do not lubricate or clean between rides; simply apply the supplied NRG race powder with a small brush.
- Do not power wash, scrub or rub chain.
- Typical life of NRG coating is approximately 450 miles. After this mileage, the chain can be re-NRG-waxed or lubricated with a traditional, less efficient lubricant.