Now you can wax or re-wax your chains at home using our unique NRG blend of lab grade wax and the highest quality nanoscale additives to save you watts!
500g should be enough to wax a single chain for 6000 Kilometers.
NRG Race Wax 500g
Items needed to carry out home chain waxing.
- Small crock pot/slow cooker
- Old coat hanger fashioned into a hook
- Some old cloths
Step 1 - Clean your chain
- Place the chain in a jam jar or small tray and cover with degreaser or methylated spirits and leave to soak for 24 hrs.
- Brush chain to remove grime and grease, remove and wipe down with a rag.
- Place the chain in a clean container, cover with degreaser or methylated spirits, leave to soak for 24 hrs, remove and wipe down with a rag.
- Clean cassette, chainrings and derailleur pulleys before installing chain.
Step 2 - Wax your chain
- You will need a slow cooker, clothes hanger fashioned into a hook, oven glove, somewhere to hang the waxed chain, something to catch the drips.
- Put wax into slow cooker
- Thread chain onto hook
- Put lid on slow cooker and set heat to high
- When wax has melted aggitage/stir the wax
- Place chain on hook into slow cooker and put lid on
- After 20 minutes, agitate chain in slow cooker and replace lid
- After a further 20 mins Hang chain to cool
- Break links (articulate to loosen wax bond) before installing chain on bike